Webinars have become one of the go-to sources for businesses and individuals to captivate, inspire, and urge users to take action. But, what good is your webinar if it doesn’t get the attendees on the day of your webinar.
In this blog, we will provide you with the things necessary for webinar promotions, and ensure that they shine on the virtual stage. Here, we will first walk you through the audience segments, best practices for promoting a webinar, and a timeline to make it successful.
So, let’s get started.
Mastering Audience Segmentation for Effective Communication
Rather than targeting the audience in general for webinar promotions, it’s always better to segment the audience and then promote it. Why? It helps you reach the right audience. And, how do you achieve that? By implementing the points given below.
1. Defining Audience Segments
People attending your webinar will be from different backgrounds, roles, experience levels, and industries. Due to this, there is not a straightforward approach towards any webinar promotion that works well with all sets of audiences. Hence, it is better to adopt audience segmentation as it lets you accept the diversity, and offer a highly personalized experience.
The first step for segmenting the audience starts by defining the criteria. The criteria comprise different points, such as job roles, industries, geographic location, interests, pain points, and goals.
After determining the criteria, you need to group participants having the same attributes into segments. For instance, you may have segments like “Healthcare experts,” “Marketing Professionals,” “Business owners,” and more.
After segmenting the audience, the next step that you should focus on is, building personalized webinar content according to their interests and needs. It consists of choosing a topic, and creating a webinar script that addresses the users’ pain points.
2. Benefits of Audience Segmentation For Webinar Promotions
Audience segmentation has now become a need of an hour for promoting your webinars to the right audience. Here are some of the advantages of audience segmentation.
- Target Right Audience: By audience segmentation, you can cater your promotional efforts to the audience depending on their characteristics and preferences.
- Get More Positive Responses: It increases your chances of getting positive feedback from the audience, if the webinar aligns well with their interests.
- Invest Rightly: Due to audience segmentation, you can invest your marketing money and time in the right places.
- Improve Engagement and Conversion Rates: Knowing your audience, and doing webinar promotion will increase interaction and engagement, ultimately increasing conversion rates.
9 Webinar Promotion Strategies
There are many ways of promoting a webinar. Here, we have shortlisted some of the most common ways of promoting a webinar effectively.
1. Email Marketing
Email marketing has helped generate 80% of webinar registrations. Apart from this, various other companies have got outstanding registrations through email marketing. Hence, it is a popular webinar marketing strategy.
Focus on crafting highly personalized emails that gauge the attention of the audience. You can even leverage third-party software like Mailchimp to send email sequences to the users before and after the webinar.
Now the question is, how to take complete advantage of email marketing for webinars.
We are sharing a simple email sequence to help you understand this better.
- First Email: Send a first email 3-4 weeks prior to the webinar. It should comprise all the webinar details along with a CTA to register.
- Second Email: Send a reminder email one week before the webinar.
- Third Email: Send a second reminder to the user prior to one day of the webinar. Do note, that this is optional.
- Fourth Email: Say ‘Thank You’ to everyone who attended the webinar. Send a recording to all the users who registered for the webinar. If someone missed it, they could watch it at their convenience.
WordPress webinar plugins like WebinarPress offer inbuilt email follow-ups.
Also Read: How to craft a thank you email
2. Social Media Promotion
One of the best methods of promoting a webinar is through social media. Before doing so, you should identify the right platform where your audience lies. It allows you to reach a broader audience, and get the highest amount of registrations.
Here are well-known social media platforms that you can utilize to promote your webinars.
- Twitter: Tweet about the following webinars regularly, and keep unique and relevant hashtags.
- Facebook & Instagram: Craft excellent posts along with attractive and engaging content, and share them on the Facebook and Instagram pages.
- Forums: A simple yet effective method to promote a webinar is to look for suitable forums, engage with the audience, and share details about the webinar. Secondly, create a post in the forum with all the information on the webinar, and a quick link to register.
- Paid Social Media Ads: Run various types of ads on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. The best thing about social media ads is that they are cost-effective, and let you reach the potential audience easily.
Last but not the least, you should keep in mind is, craft the content considering the guidelines, tones, and preferences of every social media platform.
3. Content Marketing
Promoting a webinar through content marketing is a popular method to reach the targeted audience, and get more registrations.
You can write engaging blog posts and articles mentioning all the essential details about how a webinar would benefit the audience in real life. Include a call-to-action that urges visitors to register immediately for the webinar.
You can even contact popular bloggers that align well with your industry and topic, and share details about your webinar by doing a guest post. It helps you gain more webinar registrations!
In addition, you can make videos highlighting the reasons to attend the webinar, and share them on social media too!
4. Influencer Partnerships
Forging great partnerships with industry influencers allows you to reach an audience of specific segments. It helps you enhance the credibility of your webinars, provide additional value to the audience, and ultimately help you get more webinar registrations.
All of these collaborations help you to reach the influencer’s followers, and get high visibility and participation in your webinar. But how? These influencers promote your webinar on their social media channels.
To simplify the task of influencers, you can provide them with different pieces of content they can instantly share on social media handles. These include visually appealing images, sample emails, registration links, and more.
5. Utilize Your Employee’s Networks
Take the help of the employees and their social networks for webinar promotions. Here, if the social networks of your employees align well with your audience, they can be your go-to asset to broadcast details of your webinar.
According to a report by LinkedIn, employees have 10x more connections than a company has followers. You create a post with a link, and ask employees to share it on LinkedIn. And the best thing is that it is absolutely free!
6. Send Personalized Webinar Invites
Personalizing your webinar invites helps you cater to customers’ needs well, and build great relationships with them. But, sending personalized messages to every prospect is very challenging, as it will take up much of your valuable time and effort. Then, what to do?
Here, it would be best if you reached the most crucial prospects. And, who are they? All the people who are just about to register for the webinar, or have attended any webinar, or purchased something before.
Let your sales team fetch the details of all such prospects. Until then, you should craft personalized messages for the prospects.
7. Use Retargeting Ads and Other Google Paid Ads
Even after visiting the webinar registration page, if a user didn’t register, it doesn’t mean they don’t want to attend this, or any upcoming webinar. Leverage retargeting ads for reaching out to users who have visited your webinar registration page, but left it due to some perturbing reason. It lets you gain the user’s attention, and urge them to register for the webinar.
Apart from retargeting ads, you can run different types of Google paid ads. They are as follows:
- Display Campaign Ads: These ads comprise static images that are shown to users, browsing millions of websites or apps. You can ensure that these ads run on any sites associated with Google and its network. There is a high possibility that you have viewed these ads.
- Search Campaign Ads: These are text ads, also known as Google Ads. Whenever a user searches on Google, these ads are displayed on the top bar, right sidebar, right below the search results, or various other places on the search engine.
- Video Campaign Ads: You can create a 6 to 15-second video per Google’s policy. Further, you can run a video campaign to reach the relevant audience on YouTube and other Google video partners.
Also Read: How to Drive Engagement with Webinar Ads
8. Optimize Your Webinar Registration Page
If you have created a landing page for the webinar, it’s great. If you haven’t yet created it, then make a landing page for webinar registration. Another thing, you should ensure to keep this page clutter-free. Here is how:
- Limited Form Fields: Keep only the fields that are most crucial for webinar registration.
- Add a Video: Attach a video on the landing page; it helps you to get more webinar registrations.
- Reasons to Attend the Webinar: Mention why people should attend your webinar, and what benefits they get from it.
9. Make Webinars Part of Calendar Feature
Divide your entire content into a series of webinars. Ensure that every session of the webinar has meaningful and relevant content that fulfills the needs of your audience. It helps you build a habit of conducting webinars regularly, and gauge the audience’s attention.
By conducting webinars as a series of topics, more & more users will be eagerly waiting for the next session, and will register for all your webinars!
Tailored Timelines: Adapting Schedules for Diverse Audience Segments
It is essential to promote your webinar on different timelines to ensure that it reaches a broader audience, and keeps them engaged. Here is an example of the timeline that you can consider:
Also Read: Best Time & Day to Conduct a Webinar
In the end, promoting webinars needs a proven strategy, and a timeline to reach the potential audience, and increase conversions. Also, you need to ensure that you target proper channels at the right time, and spread your message well.
By considering all the methods we have shared in this blog, you can definitely get more webinar attendees, establish yourself as a brand, enhance engagement, and get more leads. Your goal here should be to implement different strategies, track the results, and continue the methods that worked well.
Ultimately, promotions through webinars will help you engage with your potential audience, and drive more business goals.